Water Kefir is a fermented beverage rich in beneficial probiotics that support gut health, immune system, and great for hydration.
You can find it at health food stores now, or better yet, make your own at home for pennies!
7 Health Benefits of Water Kefir Soda
- Powerful probiotic beverage (populates healthy gut bacteria)
- Refreshing and Hydrating
- Supports detoxification
- Cancer fighter
- Immune system booster
- DELICIOUS, bubbly, sweet beverage; a healthy alternative to soda
- Simple to make with a short fermentation process (24-48 hours)
Water Kefir Soda Recipe
- 1/4 cup Live Water Kefir Grains
- 1/4 cup organic sugar (must be organic or it can kill the kefir grains)
- Spring water or purified water room temp (chlorine or tap water will kill the kefir grains). If using R.O. or Distilled, add 3 drops of Trace Minerals.
- Glass jar – half gallon mason jars work best because it leaves room to stir
- Plastic mesh strainer
- Plastic or wooden spoon
- Pour live kefir grains into half gallon mason jar
- Add 4 cups (32oz) room temperature purified water (and minerals if needed)
- Add 1/4 cup organic sugar and stir until it starts to dissolve
- Cover with coffee filter, cheese cloth or towel and rubber band to keep bugs out
- Let sit at room temp (70-75 degrees is ideal) for 24-48 hours
- After 24-48 hours strain out the water kefir grains
- Pour the kefir soda into bottles, place in refrigerator, it is ready to drink.
“Foods That Heal”
A complete Guide To Healthy Eating!
+ 50 Simple Healthy Recipes
All the best to your health!
Catherine Rudolph, CNC
Certified Nutrition Consultant