How can you tell if you really need a fully body detox? Your body will tell you. It’s so simple. If you feel like crap, your body is telling you something.
There are two primary causes of disease:
1. Toxic overload (whether it’s dietary or emotional). Junk in = junk out.
2. Nutritional deficiencies – the body is not getting what it needs due to poor diet or poor digestion. Energy in = energy out 🙂
If you answer “yes” to three or more of the following questions, your body is trying to tell you it is clogged up, bogged down, and needs a tune up.
1. Do you have fewer than 1 (healthy) bowel movement per day?
2. Do you drink fewer than 8 glasses of purified water per day?
3. Are you over weight?
4. Do you drink alcoholic beverages more than once a week?
5. Do you tend to have cravings for sugary or salty foods?
6. Do you have chronic health conditions? (i.e. joint pain, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, thyroid problems, candida, fibromyalgia, weak immune system, auto-immune, sinus congestion, headaches, allergies etc.)
7. Do you suffer from skin problems (i.e. acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema…)
8. Do you have chronic digestive problems like acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, or constipation?
9. Do you feel sluggish, exhausted, and/or tired most of the time?
10. Do you eat out more than twice a week?
11. Do you drink coffee?
12. Do you eat sugar or simple carbs more than 3 times a week? (i.e. breads, pastas, sodas, crackers…)
13. Do you use over-the-counter or prescription drugs on a regular basis (including antibiotics, birth control, antidepressants,)?
14. Do you smoke or use other forms of nicotine?
15. Do you find yourself getting sick easily and often?
All the best to your health!
Catherine Rudolph, CNC
Certified Nutrition Consultant