Water Kefir and Kombucha tea are both fermented beverages rich in beneficial probiotics that support gut health, immune system, and are both great for hydration.
You can find them both in many health food stores now, or better yet, make your own at home for pennies!
What’s the difference between Water Kefir and Kombucha Tea?
- Fermented with kefir crystals/grains
- Made with water or coconut water
- Fermented for 48 hours
- Powerful probotic – Greater number of probiotic strains including lactic acids. Better choice for those with candida.
- Lower in enzymes
- Creamier sweeter taste
- Short fermentation process (24-48 hours) with a Kefir crystals/grains
- How to make water kefir soda & 7 Health Benefits
- Fermented with a scoby
- Made with black or green tea (has caffeine)
- Fermented for 2-4 weeks
- Powerful enzyme activity – fewer probiotics
- Higher in enzymes and aids digestion, breaks down food in your system
- More tangy or even vinegary taste depending on how long you let the brew sit
- Slow brewing process (2-4 weeks) with probiotic SCOBY
- How to make kombucha tea for less than $1 per bottle
Strain pasta, pour sauce over pasta and serve
“Foods That Heal”
A complete Guide To Healthy Eating!
+ 50 Simple Healthy Recipes
All the best to your health!
Catherine Rudolph, CNC
Certified Nutrition Consultant